About this item
- Brand: Mackie
- Product Code: PROFX8
- Professional 8-channel compact mixer with onboard effects and USB I/O
- 4 low-noise, high-headroom Mackie mic pre-amps with easy LED metering
- 32-bit RMFX(TM) processor with 16" "Gig-Ready" reverbs, choruses and delays
Industry standard microphone tailored to deliver warm and clear vocal reproduction with analogue transmission.
- Available Transmitter Form factors: Handheld
- Operating range (up to): 100 m (Under typical conditions)
Precise. Powerful. Presence.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Uniform supercardioid pattern for high gain before feedback and superior rejection of off–axis sound
- Neodymium magnet for high signal–to–noise output
- Hardened steel mesh grille that resists wear and abuse
- Advanced pneumatic shock mount system that minimizes transmission of mechanical noise and vibration
- Minimally effected by varying load impedance
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability
What is the Beta 58A best suited to?
The Beta 58A is a premium vocal mic ideally suited for professional lead and backup vocals, either on stage or in the studio.
How does this compare to the legendary SM58?
Both are designed for vocal use and have a bright midrange and bass roll-off. The Beta 58A has increased sensitivity and high-end frequency response which results in a cleaner more detailed sound. It also features a supercardioid polar pattern compared to the SM58’s cardioid, giving it greater unwanted sound rejection and more resistance to feedback.
- Cardioid dynamic vocal microphone is the first high-end dual-diaphragm dynamic microphone. It features a patented Dualdyne cartridge to combat proximity effect and master off-axis rejection, and a patent-pending Diaphragm Stabilization System.